November 3rd, 2010
Looking for an affordable yearbook company doesn’t have to be so hard. The Entourage yearbook company realizes that because of the recent recession, schools and other organizations have had to make drastic budget cuts and financial compromises. Picking and choosing what gets cut – and what doesn’t – can be extremely difficult. Cutting the yearbook is something that administrators, teachers, home educators, church organizers and military personnel shouldn’t let slip through the cracks. In schools and other organizations, the annual yearbook is a much-loved annual tradition. The Entourage yearbook company recognizes the importance of preserving that tradition by offering some of the most affordable yearbook services in the industry. Entourage is a yearbook company that takes pride in providing affordable yearbooks for the new economy.
There’s a common misconception floating around out there about yearbook company prices and quality. All too often, people assume that low prices equal low quality. Happily, no such compromise exists when it comes to Entourage yearbook company services. Cash-strapped schools, military groups, churches and other organizations can finally publish a yearbook that they can be proud of, without breaking their budgets. With Entourage yearbook company everyone wins, and no corner cutting is necessary. Organizations of all sizes, shapes, scopes and budgets can produce top-notch yearbooks for incredibly low prices.
Sadly, the ongoing recession has prompted some schools and organizations to do away with their yearbooks altogether. Most of the time, these organizations don’t realize that high-quality yearbooks can be produced for reasonable prices. In other words, they haven’t been introduced to the Entourage yearbook company. Without an annual yearbook, school and other experiences just aren’t the same. Year in and year out, a first-rate yearbook is something that will be cherished and looked at again and again. Furthermore, there’s no better way to show pride in your organization than by creating a topnotch yearbook. It’s one tradition that should be – and can be – preserved with the help of Entourage yearbook company.
In addition to offering prices that reflect today’s economy, Entourage yearbook company distinguishes itself by providing consistently first-rate customer service. Better still, Entourage is dedicated to putting the most cutting-edge yearbook creation software in their customers’ hands. With the Entourage yearbook company, low prices do not equal low quality. Rather, they reflect a new sensibility and a dedication to making the most of modern technology. Happily, there’s no need to make the difficult decision about slashing yearbooks from the budget; with Entourage yearbook company services, schools and other organizations can enjoy the best of both worlds.
October 25th, 2010
A quick Google search for the term ‘yearbook companies’ will turn up hundreds of results including yearbook printers, designers, sellers and more. In a virtual world full of clutter, how does a school decide which yearbook company has the right stuff for them?
Today’s technology is making the door-to-door yearbook salesman obsolete. So, to find the right yearbook company, schools often have to do a little research of their own. Here are a few things to be on the look-out for when determining which company would best fit a school’s needs.
1) Technology: Yearbook printing technology is not only reducing turnaround times and creating more visually appealing products, but many yearbook publishing companies can use new technologies to save on costs for both the company and the client. Ask about the printing technology used by the company and learn more about their ability to remotely connect with schools to resolve questions and technical obstacles that may arise.
2) Printing: Look for a yearbook company that has made the leap to digital print technology. Digital print technology offers some of the highest quality imagery and resolution available in the industry today and the fastest turnaround times. With digital printing, customers can expect turnaround times to be as short as 2-3 weeks. Digital printing is also perfect for short runs, so schools aren’t forced to order additional books just to get a more competitive price.
3) Turn Around times: As stated above, digital printing and Internet technology has streamlined the yearbook publishing process to be much more efficient. Yearbooks can now be printed in as little as 2-3 weeks, which means schools have the opportunity to capture events that happen later in the year like prom.
4) Yearbook design software: The most savvy yearbook publishing companies are now offering internet-based yearbook design software. Such programs combine speed, ease of use, and versatile functionality for school yearbook committees. Users benefit from advanced design and layout tools, immediate availability of local images, and the capability to collaborate online with anybody anywhere.
5) Customer Service: Don’t get frustrated by the big name yearbook companies that make it seem complicated and assign you a customer number. Work with a company that provides personalized and dedicated customer support teams available by phone, email and remote technology. These support teams can guide schools through the process and make the experience more enjoyable for everyone involved.
September 13th, 2010
Entourage Yearbooks, one of the all-time leading yearbook companies, explains how yearbook designers can keep their school yearbook fun, fresh and memorable. With simple design and layout tips, school yearbooks can be an expression of students’ personalities as well as a keepsake of time gone by.
Entourage Yearbooks is challenging yearbook designers to think outside the box when it comes to creating this year’s school yearbook. The top rule to bend or break–color selection. According to Edward Jo, Production Manager at Entourage, having fun with school colors is one way to express creativity while paying homage to tradition.
“We encourage students to use variations of their schools’ colors for their yearbook. Using different hues of a school’s color theme allows you to keep the color tradition alive but also inject some of your classes personal creativity,” says Jo. Designers can play up their school color theme by mixing in varying hues, lighter and darker, throughout the yearbook to give it a more modern, trendy feel. “Also try adding in some brighter colors that compliment the original color theme to really make the yearbook come to life,” adds Jo.
Another tip to creating a modern looking yearbook is to take advantage of white space. Jo advises designers not to be concerned with filling every corner of each page with color, graphics or text. “White space is very appealing to the eye, it helps define each graphic or text box, and gives a clutter-free look to the page,” explains Jo. When used correctly, white space can add to the yearbook layout by making the overall appearance clean and simple.
Lastly, Entourage Yearbooks reminds designers to maintain balance on each page and throughout the yearbook. Evenly disperse large text, graphics or photos throughout the page so that one end or side of the page doesn’t look ‘heavy’. Larger fonts or photos tend to look better towards the top or side of a page. ‘Bottom heavy’ layouts can be more difficult to balance out.
Award winning yearbook designers know how to effectively design their pages using consistent elements, balance, and an appealing color scheme.